White Paper | October 3, 2016
Download English version
Download Chinese version
Download Japanese version
Digital Supply Chain (DSC): What Is It?
DSC Game Changers
Executing the Digital Supply Chain Framework
DSCi Global Experts Group
“Digital Supply Chains: A Frontside Flip” presents evidence from 24 top executives running the world’s largest supply chains. These industry leaders believe enterprise supply chains could be the most important transformation for companies over the next five years.
The white paper unveils a new approach to enterprise supply chain management – focus on the customer and maximize demand. That is, flip the focus to the customer-facing side — the frontside — of the business.
As a result, improved enterprise Digital Supply Chains (DSC) can lead to a 20% reduction of procurement costs, a 50% reduction in supply chain costs, and an increase in revenue of 10%. This is true across all industries, even some, like financial services, that traditionally don’t include supply chains in revenue generating strategies.
This report will help CEOs, supply chain executives and anyone interested in leading edge supply chain developments and operational improvement in the following ways:
- This report provides a DSC execution framework and roadmap to transform enterprise supply chain by focusing on the customer and maximizing demand. By following the report’s practical steps, research suggests an increase in enterprise revenue and decrease in supply chain costs.
- The report helps interested parties better understand game-changing technologies affecting all enterprise supply chains.
- This report explains the key differences between traditional supply chains and digital supply chains, helping supply chain leaders gain more insight to better their position in the business.
The Digital Supply Chain team consists of leading supply chain experts and executives responsible for their organization’s supply chains. A list of authors and white paper participants can be found by clicking here
Digital Supply Chain Institute
About the Digital Supply Chain Institute (DSCI)
The CGE’s Digital Supply Chain Institute (DSCI) is a leading-edge research institute focused on the evolution of enterprise supply chains in the digital economy and the creation and practical application of supply chain management best practices.
The DSCI’s work is fielded by CGE and the Global Experts Group (GEG), a team comprised of top supply chain executives from companies around the world. The GEG acts as the DSCI’s principle mechanism to develop the research and applied management learning.
The Institute focuses on key management areas of the Digital Supply Chain:
- Demand: real time continuous engagement with customers
- People: company culture and organization
- Technology: enterprise/platform agility and customer visibility
- Risk: mitigate risks and enhance management capabilities
2018 DSCI Research Agenda
The DSCI will produce tools and reports on the following topics:
- “Algorithm Council” and Decision Rights
- DSC Leadership and Change Management
- Making Demand Happen through the Digital Supply Chain
For additional information on the DSCI and to access the Institute’s latest research, events, media, and more visit dscinsitute.org