I have completed three Alpha team projects with the CGE so far; the first two as a team member and… Read more
I have completed three Alpha team projects with the CGE so far; the first two as a team member and the last as a team leader. And I can confidently say that it’s been a great experience for me in many ways:
- I was able to develop and utilize many skills, including and not limited to communication, teamwork, presentation and research.
- It was rewarding to see through the projects, with a clear objective, timeline and structure. Also, being able to get more and more responsibilities as I move through different projects was something that I especially appreciated. Getting to meet the client and speak to them was a great privilege.
- Being able to connect with people from all different backgrounds and abilities was a very rewarding experience, and I believe that especially as people aspiring to be global leaders, it’s truly a unique experience to be able to gain perspectives of people who are different from us and utilizing it to actually make the project better and serve the clients better. The input from mentors, was especially useful and I personally believe it was a great source of support for all of us.
Altogether, I really enjoyed my time with the CGE, and would really love to take part in further opportunities in the future.
- Jessica YeSeul Kim, South Korea (Texas Capital Bank Alpha Team)
We have managed to grow from an operation of just three markets or countries to now five countries in less… Read more
We have managed to grow from an operation of just three markets or countries to now five countries in less than a year from the advice that the Alpha Team has given us.
- Natalino Mwenda, CEO, Rasello, Tanzania (Alpha Team Sponsor)
Lessons from Global Scholars: Glory Enyinnaya How an Online Course Gave Rise to Africa’s First Consulting Platform “The course opened my eyes to an innovation which transformed my vision for my career… Read more
Lessons from Global Scholars: Glory Enyinnaya
“The course opened my eyes to an innovation which transformed my vision for my career and enabled me to be of service to my immediate community.”
- Glory Enyinnaya, Nigeria (Africa Platform Management, Strategy, & Innovation Micro-course)
Lessons from Global Scholars: Ayobami Oladejo Micro-course Alumni Shares the Evolution of his Startup Business Plan The CGE “Platform Management, Strategy, & Innovation” micro-course helped me understand the different ways of… Read more
Lessons from Global Scholars: Ayobami Oladejo
The CGE “Platform Management, Strategy, & Innovation” micro-course helped me understand the different ways of entering new markets using platform strategies. After the course, I was more confident of our ability to use proven platform strategies and not just the traditional MBA and our technical expertise.
- Ayobami Oladejo, South Africa (Platform Management, Strategy, & Innovation Micro-course)
“Working on the Alpha Team project was the highlight of my first year of graduate school. It was an opportunity… Read more
“Working on the Alpha Team project was the highlight of my first year of graduate school. It was an opportunity to learn about how a leading brand approaches an important business objective while also putting to the test my ability to lead remote volunteer-based teams. CGE provided impactful mentorship to me and my team at key points during the process that supercharged both the learning aspect of the experience and the quality of our deliverables. This is applied, collaborative learning at its best.”
- Rick Ferrera, USA (NFL Alpha Team)
“We found the CGE Alpha Team process to be very good and well worth our time. CGE’s ability to marshal… Read more
“We found the CGE Alpha Team process to be very good and well worth our time. CGE’s ability to marshal a talented group of individuals from around the world and have them work seamlessly over a seven week period of time to address an important business objective was quite impressive.”
- Mark Waller, NFL Executive Vice President, International (NFL Alpha Team)
“The Alpha Team was a great opportunity, that taught me a lot me on several levels. First of all, the… Read more
“The Alpha Team was a great opportunity, that taught me a lot me on several levels. First of all, the fact that the team is made of people from all over the world and with different backgrounds encouraged me to pay attention to the colleagues I was working with, trying to understand who they were and how we could make the most as a team from the different individual experiences. Then, the challenge of having to use a digital tool to communicate, forced me to be punctual and effective both with the output I had to deliver and when communicating with the rest of the team. Finally, being a relatively small team with a minimal organization, I felt very accountable for my actions, and I had to use my leadership skills to support our team leader to make sure he had adequate support throughout the whole process. Overall, I feel that the Alpha Team was a great and unique experience that brings you the challenge of a real life business problem, while making you part of an environment that stimulates your growth, both from a personal and a professional standpoint.”
- Matteo Tarocco, Italy (NFL Alpha Team)
“Working on the Alpha project was a transformational learning experience, after spending many years in the corporate world. The ability… Read more
“Working on the Alpha project was a transformational learning experience, after spending many years in the corporate world. The ability to collaborate across multiple geographies and culture’s, are key requirements for any individual wanting to succeed in an of era rapid change and innovation. The Center for Global Enterprise developed a structured, intensive and innovative programme that allowed individuals with diverse skills and experiences to work together in a virtual environment to address a real world business problems in record time.”
- Clint Hess, South Africa (Rasello Alpha Team)