A New Way to Learn
The AWEC Business Academy is a cooperative learning experience designed for African women entrepreneurs seeking to develop specific business management skills in just one month. Business Academy courses are not your typical online courses. Our model provides the opportunity to learn by watching, doing, discussing, and reflecting.
Pushing the Limits of Collaborative Online Learning
AWEC Business Academy courses deliver a practical, interactive, applied, and collaborative learning experience.
- Practical: Activities allow learners to turn theoretical content into actionable guidance, developing a toolkit of skills to tackle the challenges presented in the road ahead with confidence
- Interactive: Live Q&A with the Session Leader and support from a team of Teaching Assistants provides a personal touch, ensuring that learners feel directly connected to both the content and the course
- Applied: Assignment push learners to immediately apply key concepts to their businesses or business concepts, resulting in a roadmap for business growth upon completion of the course
- Collaborative: Peer Sessions and Peer Reviews build a community amongst learners, emphasizing the importance of peer to peer learning and support in an effort to build a strong, diverse network of fellow women entrepreneurs
Our Course Offerings
Business Academy courses are designed to meet the needs of African women entrepreneurs seeking to develop a specific skill set in just 4 weeks. Each course is conducted entirely online, with dedicated support from a team of Teaching Assistants.
In 2020, we are offering the following three courses:
- Applying Design Thinking to Satisfy Changing Customer Needs taught by Dr. Gordon Adomdza, Associate Professor of Business Administration at Ashesi University in Ghana, and founder of Design Thinking Ghana Hub. Read more here.
- Creating an Entrepreneurial Culture taught by Dr. Sherif Kamel, Dean and Professor of Management at the School of Business, American University in Cairo. More details on this course are coming soon.
- Establishing a Brand Identity taught by Shelly Lazarus, Chairman Emeritus, Ogilvy, and Nadja Bellan-White, Executive Partner, Ogilvy. More details on this course are coming soon.
Who Should Enroll
The AWEC Business Academy is open to all current and aspiring African women entrepreneurs, including members of the diaspora. Courses are offered at $150 USD, each. Learn more about our current course offerings and how to enroll.
Recent Business Academy learners had this to say about their experience:
- “I have come out of this course richer in knowledge than when I entered. Many thanks to AWEC for this powerful training.” – Cecilia, Zambia/Malawi
- “The course was really helpful to my business and I learned a number of new concepts I’m applying to my business currently.” – Mojirade, Nigeria
- “The motivation and assistance was very helpful. It kept me wanting to do more. The course made me think outside the box. I am going to be a different entrepreneur: more focused and willing to learn from others.” – Lestina, Malawi
If you have questions, please contact [email protected]